Sunday 29 November 2015

Vintage Map Pinboard


I personalised this pinboard using a map of the Derbyshire Dales.  

It was an ordinary plain wooden framed cork board when I bought it.  I covered the cork with a piece of vintage map and painted the frame in a shade of green that I somehow associate with the 1930s – the sort of shade that was used to paint the gates and front doors of those houses associated with the sunburst motif.
The finishing touch was to drill holes in the frame and thread through some rustic looking garden twine in a criss cross fashion.

This hangs next to my bedside table in the corner of the bedroom (hence the rather dark picture, artificially lit). It is now full of tiny treasures such as beloved family photos and trinkets.  There are snippets of favourite pieces of art and bits of my sewing. I also have a bunch of lavender from the garden, delicately scenting my corner.

It is my little shrine to Athene, Greek goddess of crafts, wisdom and brave endeavour.



No comments:

Post a Comment