Monday 25 January 2016

Sewing + Lavender = Relaxation Squared

I grow lots of lavender in my garden, and I never let the flowers go to waste.  My earliest sewing projects were always lavender bags, and every August I carry on the tradition.

Last year, I experimented with using the old cloth bound maps as the fabric for the bags – or perhaps sachets is a more appropriate name. I cut out two heart-shaped pieces of map and blanket stitched them together, leaving a gap at the top.  



Dried lavender flowers were stuffed into the opening, along with a ribbon hanger. I then sewed it all together and attached a button for good measure.


The smell of the lavender permeates through the cloth bound map very well – but the sachets are far too fascinating to be shoved into the bottom of a drawer!



No comments:

Post a Comment