Sunday 21 February 2016

Go By Butterfly

Have a look around and you’ll see that the map heart picture is fairly common.  Sites like notonthehighstreet.com sell personalised pieces of map artwork that can show your place of birth, marriage etc in an Ordnance Survey heart.  It’s so simple anyone can do it for themselves for much less money. I had a bit of a go at this kind of thing but then I did this, which I much prefer:



I cut out my place of birth in the shape of a butterfly, and sewed it onto a Liberty print floral background, so it was like a butterfly resting in a flower patch. How I like to see life...we are but brief beauties enjoying a short time in the sun.  I stuck it in a vintage style metallic frame and hung it in my sewing corner.  I find it all rather pleasing. You can find a butterfly template online with a bit of a search round, and apart from your materials that’s all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment