Wednesday 23 December 2015

A Favourite Place Corsage

I got this idea for this corsage, after seeing one that someone had made from an old copy of their favourite book.  Although how they could bear to cut up a copy of their favourite book is beyond me!


It is a paper map, so, like the book corsage you shouldn’t wear it on your outside coat in case it rains.  But it’s a fun decoration for a cardigan or shirt.

Mine is made using two circles of Harris Tweed, cut with pinking shears to try and contain this fabric’s tendency to fray. I then sewed on a circle of map using Sylko Mustard Gold thread in back stitch and finished it off with a button from my vast collection.


You can use this as a reminder of a favourite place or holiday.  Alternatively, you could proudly display your birthplace.  I went for Buxton – if I could be anywhere in the world I would be in the Peak District, and Buxton is the capital city! I’ve had many a refined day out in England’s highest town.


No comments:

Post a Comment