Sunday 13 December 2015

Vintage Map Bunting

Bunting has become quite fashionable in recent times, and is reminiscent of summer evenings in the garden.  It is now the middle of December, utterly dark and depressing – how I live for the summertime. I spend this time of year planning ahead for the garden, leafing greedily through the Sarah Raven seed catalogues and staring at the soil, eagerly awaiting the first green fingers of the spring bulbs.

So the other day, I sat and made some vintage map bunting, which will look splendid draped from the terracotta geranium pots.

Here it is in preparation – just triangles cut from a map and stitched onto a length of old knicker elastic that I found in my sewing chest.


Here it is now it is finished, currently draped from my pinboard to my bedhead, awaiting the summer breeze.


Instagram: @Sarahmillerwalters

No comments:

Post a Comment