Thursday 31 December 2015

Build Your Own Postcard

As well as having a thing for old maps, I love a vintage postcard too.  Some show fascinating scenes of places in days gone by - all the more interesting if it is a place you are familiar with. Then there is the genre of postcards dating perhaps from the 1960s and 1970s that show comically mundane scenes.  I have one of Cleethorpes baths, and I have seen postcards of motorway service stations.  I’m also a fan of the cheeky seaside sauce postcard – well, who isn’t?




I had a go at making a postcard with a Vintage Map Lady angle. I cut out a square of old map around a Devon seaside resort and stitched it on to a plain modern card.  A bit of floral decoration was added.  You could perhaps get even more creative and attach old maps to old postcards.  I have decorated the backs of vintage cards, where the messages were more interesting than the scenes on the front!


No comments:

Post a Comment